- Mr Ang Thong Guan established the small family-oriented business. The tea product were marketed under the brand 888.
- The sons of Mr Ang Thong Guan joined him to further expand the family tea business to the Northern part of Peninsular Malaysia.
- Establishing a fleet of vans to distribute tea and other consumer products and getting positive responses from outskirt areas
- Direct and comprehensive involvement in Coffee Powder processing
- Joined non-governmental organization and participate in various charitable activities for social responsibilities contribution
- Discovered more business opportunity and diversify into plastic product range such as plastic ropes, plastic bags/sheets, paper serviettes and cologne paper towels.
- The company went on diversification by extending its product range to plastic ropes, plastic bags and sheets, paper serviettes and cologne paper towels
The business restructured into Syarikat Thong Guan Trading Sdn Bhd (STGT)
- Thong Guan Industries Berhad was listed on the second board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE)
- Thong Guan Industries Berhad proudly moved to the main board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) and also obtaining Halal certification by JAKIM Malaysia.
- Granted HACCP and GMP certification by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM). Introduced the 888 teapot bag series in the same year
- Developed the 888 2 In 1 Teh O
- Launched the convenience pack (Kopi O Kosong, 3in1 Instant White Coffee and 3 in 1 Instant Milk Tea)
- D’co Chocolate Malt drink joined the 888 Tea & Coffee beverages family
Introduced the Value Pack series and also 3 in 1 Instant Cereal drink. An organic facilities was set up and granted the Organic Food Chain (OFC) certification through Organic Food Chain Pty Ltd (Australia). In the same year, 888 Tea & Coffee won the SME Achievers Award.
- Received the Golden Bull Award 2012
- Received ISO9001:2008 certification by SGS. Launched the organic food series under the brand Organic Care2U (OC2U).
- Launching of official online shopping site, TG Mall. Awarded the title Best Beverage Manufacturer for Asia Halal Brand Awards (AHBA 2019)
- Added Teh Wangi Ros Lychee to the signature Teh Wangi Ros 888 series. Today, we are standing as one of Malaysia’s largest tea and coffee manufacturers.
Headquarter & Factory
57, Main Road, Sungai Lalang,
08100 Bedong, Kedah, Malaysia.
Tel: +604-442 2020
Fax: +604-442 9588